CS Hon Peter Munya is on a four county tour to continue his meetings with coffee society officials to align them with the current reforms in the coffee sector. Today he started in Muranga County where he held the meeting jointly with the Governor.
The themes remain the same
- The revival of KPCU into New KPCU, currently under the government but to revert to farmers in the future.
- Cherry advance available to farmers at 3% and to be managed under KPCU.
- Rehabilitation of coffee mills which are now free and available to all. Farmers can mill coffee but are free to sell elsewhere if they prefer.
- Rehabilitation of pulp factories and the introduction of eco-pulper to save water and improve the quality of coffee.
- Digital weighing bridge for accuracy and to stop pilfering.
- Fertilizer available through KNTC at negotiated price of Ksh 2000 down from 2800. KNTC will deliver fertilizer directly to societies
- E-VOUCHER to bring even greater savings to farmers through online services.
- Digital remote alarm system.