CS Hon. Simon Chelugui and PS Patrick Kilemi High-level Coffee exposure visit to Colombia
Principal secretary Patrick Kilemi attended a high-level coffee exposure visit in Colombia led by Hon. Simon Chelugui, Cabinet Secretary, Co-operatives and Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises Development.
Also attending are Nyeri Governor H.E Mutahi Kahiga, Bungoma Governor H.E Kenneth Makelo Lusaka, NKPCU CEO Michael Mirugi Timothy, Cooperative Bank Director SME Vincent Marangu among other senior Ministry and County government officials.
The delegation was received by the Managing director National Federation of Coffee Growers of Colombia Roberto Vélez.
The Key objectives of the visit are:
1. The governance structure of the Colombian Coffee production and Marketing model. What has been done in Colombia to promote a sustainable environment for coffee?
2. Role of the National Federation of Coffee Growers of Colombia in the production and marketing of coffee.
3. The purchase guarantee mechanisms offered by the FNC.
4. To understand how the coffee stabilization fund and the National Coffee Fund Administration works in Colombia.
5. To understand rural extension services and how the promotion of both local and international Colombian coffee consumption was achieved.
6. To understand the role of research and technology transfer in the coffee value chain.